Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

From the beginning...

I'll start by getting the formalities out of the way... My name is Marie and I'm a Wife, Mom, Sister, Daughter and Friend. I should disclose that I have major challenges finding a good work/life balance, as a result I become stressed and anxious easily.

I've recently discovered a passion for healthier living and slowly eliminating the use of toxic chemicals in our home. My goal is to share different ways my family uses essential oils in our everyday lives - hence the name, Everyday Oiler :) Each week I plan to share a new recipe, my personal review of a new oil, or simply new stuff I am dying to try! So here's how I got started... My friend Chelsea and her family began using essential oils several years ago and invited me to their home to learn a little about them. It all sounded so interesting and I really liked the idea of using essential oils but it was overwhelming to me. I bought a bottle of lavender EO (remember that, EO = Essential Oil) and it sat on the counter in my bathroom for a looonnngg time. I literally just looked at it... and looked at it some more. Fast forward a couple of years - Our son was born in July of 2013 and I had been home with him for a few weeks on maternity leave. (I promise, this isn't going to be one of those "I'm a mom now - everything has to be all natural" things... not yet anyway.)

 
Our dogs were in the bedroom playing just a little too rough when my boxer, Dakota, hurt her neck. She wouldn't lay down, couldn't turn her head, and could hardly move. I immediately rushed her to our vet who recommended a combination of 3 different oils massaged into her neck/spine several times a day. He told us this would likely be something she'd deal with for the rest of her life. Wouldn't you know, he was right. Here's what the vet recommended:

 
What you'll need:
* 1 drop Peppermint Oil
* 1 drop Copaiba Oil
* Deep Relief

Roll a small amount of Deep Relief into palm of your hand, add Peppermint & Copaiba Oil and rub your hands in circular motion. Very slowly, begin massaging at the neck and work downward to the tail. Afterward, allow the dog to breathe in the oils by placing your hands in front of the nose. Repeat this process every couple of hours.

 **BONUS** You'll smell like a delicious candy cane! This process is not JUST for dogs, it works well on humans too!

 
Suffer from sore muscles or joints from an injury?  Want to try this process for yourself?  Follow the link below to order from Young Living. If you've thought about giving Essential Oils a try, the Premium Started Kit is the best bang for your buck! By becoming a wholesaler through Young Living you get discounted products and there are NO monthly/annual purchase requirements. Please let me know what questions you have!! REFERENCE MEMBER & SPONSOR ID: 2260821
https://www.youngliving.com/signup/?isoCountryCode=US&isoLanguageCode=en&type=DISTRIBUTOR

No comments:

Post a Comment