Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Spring Cleaning... De-Stinking your home

Hello again friends!  Sorry I missed a post last week, work has been pretty awful on me the last 2 weeks... don't worry though,  I have my cinnamon/ginger combo diffusing as we speak!

HAPPY SPRING!  I'm going to start a trend over my next few posts... SPRING CLEANING and all things fresh!  Here are three amazing ways I use essential oils to freshen up our home...

Stinky Vacuum? I just hate the immediate dog smell emanating from my vacuum the moment I turn it on.  My friend Chelsea told me to place 3-4 drops of Purification Oil onto a cotton ball and suck it up in the vacuum.  VOILA!  Stink be gone!  Now I get a nice, clean scent each time I turn the vacuum on.  Just replace the cotton ball each time you empty your vacuum.


Stinky Trash, Shoes, Diaper pail?  To make these fabulous Deodorizing Discs all you need are several drops of your favorite EO (I've used Orange and Lemon so far) and some baking soda.  

* 2 cups baking soda
* 1-2 cups distilled water 
* Essential Oil of your choice
* Silicone mold or muffin pan (don't forget muffin pan liners!)

* Add 3-4 drops of essential oil to 1/2 cup of water 
* Pour water/oil mixture into the baking soda and mix well
* Continue to add water until you have a thick paste
* Pour into mold and LET SIT for 24-48 hours

UPDATE:  3-4 drops of oil is most definitely not enough.  It smelled pretty strong during the mixing process but the smell was gone by the time I went to use the discs in my trash can.  I say DOUBLE it, 6-8 drops of oil per 1/2 cup. 


OK, one more.  Carpet Freshener!  Again, with two dogs the area rug in my living room can get pretty smelly.  Fill a mason jar with baking soda and add 10 drops (give or take a few) of your favorite EO.  I really like Lavender or Purification for my carpet freshener.  When you're ready to use, sprinkle on the rug and let it sit for a while (overnight if possible) then vacuum up! 


OK, see you next week for more SPRING CLEANING oil ideas! 


Ready to try Essential Oils for yourself?  Click on the photo to the right to order your premium starter kit today!  There is no commitment to buy or sell and you'll have the opportunity to purchase at wholesale rates.   Be sure to reference Member ID 2260821

1 comment:

  1. Love these ideas! I like to put a drop of Purification in my dishwasher when I run it to keep the mildew smell from coming :)

    ReplyDelete